Friday, June 3, 2011

Zooniverse 3!

I worked on galaxy zoo, another popular selection from the Zooniverse line of products. The pictures are much blurrier than you would think, so you can feel like a real scientist sorting through mountains of barely decipherable data! I can't help but feel if I had a better monitor this would be easier, but nevertheless, it is fun. The colors of the galaxies taken in infrared make them distinct enough that sorting through isn't really a chore. I also did Moon Zoo today. I really enjoy the crater survey simply because they are numerous enough that completing one picture feels like an accomplishment. Boulder wars went a lot faster, but the theory behind them is very interesting; I will admit to spending more time than usual on the about page for that simply because they are so cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment