Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Observations on a colorful night

            So whilst stressing about my AP Chem mock, I opened the window in my room and glory behold a mix of pink and purple. I ran outside with my dog, and only a small portion of the sky was affected by the Rayleigh scattering that had produced such a pretty mix (I would say royal purple and tropical pink, if I had to name them something that was also in my nail polish collection,). It was an odd segmentation, as the rest of the sky was the same dreary blue as today's storm. But it was very beautiful, and if I had a camera, I would have taken a shot. It's the sunsets like these that make me think about how beautiful the Florida sky is, and how sunsets at the beach are going to be something I miss at college. I feel like a lucky person tonight for seeing the sky in the midst of its change, when it looked even more like watercolor than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment